Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Amazing love.

Okay, so I might be a little (or a lot) relieved that V-day finally is over. I gotta admit though, I am happy today. But I'm not happy because of any physical thing. My joy is found in my Father's love. I have been reading The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning and I encourage everyone to read it. I couldn't get this blurp from it out of my head today:
If Jesus appeared at your dining room table tonight with knowledge of everything you are and are not, total comprehension of your life story and every skeleton hidden in your closet; if He laid out the real state of your present discipleship with the hidden agenda, the mixed motives, and the dark desires buried in your psyche, you would feel His acceptance and forgiveness. 
 How amazing is that?! To think that God knows every little thought I would never let out of my head, every mixed motive, every mean thought...and He still loves me more than I could ever understand. He loves me when I am completely unlovable, and I know that nobody is ever going to love me like my Father does. I am His girl; I am the favorite child of the creator of the universe. I am a princess of the King Most High. I hate to break it to you all, but I have got the best Valentine...ever. I am honestly so blessed.
Today, one of my very dear friends sent me this email. I don't deserve this kind of love:
I made her... she is different. She is unique. With LOVE I formed her in her mother's womb. With LOVE I fashioned her with great joy. I remember with great pleasure the day I created her. To me she is beautiful. I LOVE her smile. I LOVE her ways. I LOVE to hear her laugh. And all the silly things she says and does. She is herself and no else else. This is how I made her.

I made her pretty, but not beautiful, because I know her heart, and she would be vein. I wanted her to search out her heart and to learn that it would be Me in her that would make her beautiful. It would be my spirit that would draw people to her. I made her in such a way that she would need Me. I made her a little more lonesome than she would like to be. Because I need her to turn to Me in her loneliness. I know her heart; I know if I had not made her like this, she would go her own chosen way and forget Me, her creator.

I have given her many good and happy things, because I love her. I have seen her broken heart and the tears she has cried alone. I have been with her and have had a broken heart too. Many times she has stumbled and fallen alone only because she would not hold My hand. She has learned hard lessons because she would not listen to my voice. So many times I have sadly watched her go her way alone, only to watch her return to My arms, sad and broken. And now she is mine again! I paid a high price for her because I LOVE her. I have had to reshape and remold her, renewing her for my plan. It has not been easy for her or Me.

I want her to be conformed to My image. This goal I have set for her ... because I LOVE HER.

Today, I am so thankful for this love. I have found the most perfect, the most tender and sweet love. And the best part?

It's only growing deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment