Monday, January 31, 2011

"Someday; really a code word for never."

Today, I made a big decision. I decided that my dreams that seem so far away will not be dreams that never come true. Since I am obsessed with listing things, here is my list of "someday" dreams; dreams that won't let me rest until they come true:
1. I will be a photographer. I will have my own studio. I will be successful with it.
2. I will be happy, no matter the road it takes to get there. I will not take shortcuts.
3. I will find a man that completely embodies everything that I have ever wanted, and I will not settle for anything less, even if that means waiting.
4. I will eventually open my own flower shop. Whether it takes 4 years or 40, it's going to happen.
5. I will travel to Poland. Knowing where I came from is very important to me.
6. I will visit my great Aunt Jola sometime in the very near future.
7. I will be the best big sister I can be for the best little siblings in the world.
8. I will finish writing a journal from cover to cover, filling it with the highs and lows of each and every day of my life. And then start another one.
9. I will learn to play the guitar.
10. I have written several songs; I will put them to music. After I learn to play the guitar, of course!
11. I will take a road trip with no destination. Just get on the interstate and...drive.
12. I will be the best servant I can be to the King Most High.
13. I will do everything to the very best of my abilities.

I hope that this list inspires you to create your own. I believe that as a college student we get so caught up in the short term goals we are forced to create that we tend to let our long term visions become less important in our lives. Take time to plan out that stuff you only hope to accomplish; make it happen. Dreams don't become reality until you try. Never let "someday" be code word for never.

2 comments:

  1. Just saw your post and had to respond.

    1. Why are you not a photography major? I could totally see that..
    2. Never settle for anything. Period. (especially concerning men.)
    3. When are you/we going to see Aunt Jola together? (haha.)
    4. When are you/we going to Poland? (haha #2.)
    5. Love you, hay!

    ash-a-ley.

    p.s. i am a listmaker-for-life as well =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, love! I know you can do all of those things!

    ReplyDelete