Friday, February 11, 2011

A glass half full.

If you have been keeping up with my blog, you will know that through the past month or so I have dealt with an immense amount of stress, pressure and heart ache. Through the course of the new year I have already turned 21 and lost my best friend all in the same day, worked through the worst break up...ever, gotten the flu one week and strep throat the week after, totaled my car...
...And watched life keep moving.

See, that's the thing about life. No matter what you deal with, no matter what you're feeling...it just keeps moving. Don't sit back and mourn about the bad things that keep happening, life's not stopping to wait for you to get back on your feet. Every day you have a choice. It is your attitude and not the events of each day that determine whether your day is a good or bad day.

Although most would say I have had a pretty yucky month, I am happy to say it has been the most refreshing month of my life. I landed a new job as a nanny on the weekends, and I have learned a lot about myself and a lot about others. I have learned to let the sun set on each day and be done with it. I have learned that I deserve to spend time on just me. I have learned to be thankful for each sunrise. I have learned that peoples' true colors shine through in the midst of an ugly situation. And lastly, I have learned that everything... absolutely everything, happens for a reason.

So as you start your day today, and every other day, start it with an attitude of a glass half full. I promise, you won't regret it.

2 comments:

  1. keep writing. i love it. isly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww i love you soo much :) this really encouraged mee girl..:)

    ReplyDelete