Friday, February 4, 2011

Love, actually...

Over the past month I have had some pretty defining moments about love and relationships. Let me enlighten you on what I have learned.

-It can never, ever be forced.
-It is the result of trust. Where there is no trust, there is no love.
-When trust is broken, nothing is ever the same.
-There is no "happily ever after". Every day of a relationship has it's ups and downs.
-Love means complete selflessness.
-No matter how hard I look, I will never find anything that compares to my Father's love.
-It needs care each and everyday.
-Hold it too tight and you'll smother it. Hold it too loosely and you'll let it go.
-A man needs to cherish his girl in every way.
-Every women deserves to be pursued.
-Balance is everything.
-It is not defined by the flowers, chocolates and dinner dates; love is defined in the most difficult moments.
-Contrary to popular belief, we are completely incapable of unconditional love.
-It is not a magical sensation, it's an effort. It is a choice, it doesn't just happen.

Let me tell you what I think love is. It is that attachment resulting from the mere appreciation of the goodness in another person. God created us to see ourselves as good, so that is what we look for in others. We are attracted to good looks, intelligence and humor, and these may be the seeds of love, but they have yet to sprout.  Pure goodness is what moves us to love.

No comments:

Post a Comment