Friday, September 9, 2011

Brace yourselves...

As I have laid in bed for the past 48 hours completely immobile as a result of the all powerful Influenza, I have caught up on my share of Facebook and Twitter creepin'. Needless to say, I am slightly uncomfortable with some of the things I have seen. The endless pictures of girls in skimpy dresses, suggestive status updates, and flirtatious wall posts are absolutely exhausting. And the sad part is, I didn't have to go far down my timeline to see all of these things. It's everywhere. And you girls who behave like that wonder why you only attract jerks. When you act superficial, you get superficial. No man that's worth your time wants superficiality. Get it together, ladies.

Listen to me closely.
You are beautiful.
You are a treasure.
You are worthy to be pursued.
And you don't have to make a showcase of yourself for others to see that.
You deserve to have everything you've ever wanted in a man, and you will.
But you'll have to...
Stop trying to be hot, instead of beautiful.
Be mysterious.
Be you.
And love God, above all else.

A woman who fears and loves the Lord is far more beautiful because of her Godliness than a woman who spends too much time in front of the mirror. I promise you, any guy will agree with me on this one. And if he doesn't, then you need to run. Fast.

Now boys, control yourselves. Everyone knows that you don't always think with your brains. But for real, step your game up. "Wifey material" isn't attracted to trash. So quit complimenting the sleazy girls' pictures, stop saying things you don't mean, and get your mind out of the bedroom. A real lady likes a conversation and a man with substance, not a project.

Bottom line, be the man or woman your future spouse deserves to have and nothing less.

No comments:

Post a Comment