Saturday, April 28, 2012

Crispy...

Okay, yes, I know. It's not possible for me to be any more cliche right now. I am probably going to make people hate me for this. But whatever, I am happy, and if you don't want to hear about it then go ahead and hit that big red X in the top right hand corner of the screen! You can't say I didn't warn you.

I am so thankful for my sweet, handsome man, Joseph Christian Phelps. For so many reasons. Let me tell you why.

Lately I have been praying and asking the Lord to help me have a Christ-like attitude and to treat the people in my life the way He treats us. Christ is so patient, so selfless, and so passionate about us- even when we fail Him daily. Despite how unclean we are. That's the best part!! He's consistent. His love never decreases, never stops. What a perfect kind of love!! I was sitting at work a few nights ago, thinking about this, and thinking about how Christian's love for me emulates Christs love for us.

He is patient. When we met I was in no condition to be in a relationship, so he waited. He could have forgotten all about me and gone on to the next girl... but he didn't. He gave me space, he gave me time, and he walked back in to my life exactly when I needed him. Words can't begin to express just how much that means to me.

He is selfless. I am convinced that man would do anything to keep me satisfied and smiling. And he does. Daily.

He is passionate. I feel his love for me in a text message, in a smile across the room... and when he reaches over to hold my hand it shakes the very core of my being. He loves me for my mistakes and flaws and for who I am as a woman.

He is consistent. ...As consistent as he can be. Humans were made inconsistent; we do not comprehend unconditional love. But he loves me the same during my wicked mood swings and even when my feet stink. Now that's love, my friends.

I am so thankful that Christian is a step ahead of me. I am desiring and striving to love the way Christ loves-- while Christian is excelling at it. I am undeserving to call such an extraordinarily wonderful man the love of my life and I will never feel a love in the flesh as powerful as this for as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment