Thursday, December 30, 2010

Who|Needs|Air?

Hello, yes, I know, new posts two days in a row. Aren't you lucky.

You know those people who listen to music and don't really pay attention to the lyrics? Yeah, that's not me. I have been working all day today and no matter how many ridiculous oldies are played at Curves, I can't seem to get the song "Who Needs Air" by the Classic Crime out of my head. Haven't heard it? Listen to it. Love it? Download it. The lyrics are absolutely brilliant, specifically the lyrics that are playing behind the lead vocals at the end of the song:


I have come to the realization that life is more than what I have accomplished. And life is more than the realization that we have accomplished nothing at all. True success is so selfless so drown in the lyrics of your life and give up the air that you breathe. You don't need anything. I'm drowning, but I don't care. Because when you've got what I got, who needs air? .

What a way to live. I mean, think about it. What would this world be like if we all came to the realization that life is more than what we have accomplished, or haven't accomplished for that matter? We certainly wouldn't have the egotistical millionaires out there who are unable to share a dime of their fortune, or the homeless on the street begging for change. Someones gotta say it; at the end of your life, when you are standing before the Father, what you did on Earth isn't going to matter, except what you do for the glory of His Name. So here's to a challenge... set aside your accomplishments, give up yourself, and drown yourself in the essence of life; The One who gave you life. Give absolutely everything that you've got;
the air that you breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment