Friday, January 7, 2011

Stormy weather.

Ya know, the one thing (among many) that I love about God is that He has a mighty big way of slapping me in the face. It amazes me. I love how He is that friend who tells you when you're about to step into a situation you don't want to be in, He's the Father who comforts when you're feeling hurt, He is the rescuer when you have gotten yourself in so deep that you can't get out; He is absolutely everything and that has never been more evident in my life than it was this week. He exposed the truth to me, He rescued me, He comforts me, and I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that He is and will always provide for me.

This week has been the hardest week of my life, but today I am strong; I have found joy in this dark place. I thank God for this week. I know that through trials and tribulations is when we are brought closer to Him, and quite frankly I am excited to see where He is going to bring me through this. I know that it is going to hurt, and I know that it isn't going to be easy, but I will praise him because I know He will be with me every single step of the way!

I barely hear You whisper through the rain,
"I'm with you"
and as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise
the God who gives and takes away.
 
I'll praise you in this storm
and I will lift my hands
for You are who You are
no matter where I am
and every tear I've cried
You hold in your hand
You never left my side
and though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

No comments:

Post a Comment